Friday, May 22, 2009

Liar Liar

He watched her out of the corner of his eyes as he sat on the cushioned bench in the club, his arm wrapped around the shoulder of the gorgeous red head sitting next to him. She tossed her brunette curls and took a deep breath as she started up the steps to the benches.

“Hey guys,” She smiled catching his eyes for a millisecond before moving on to those of his friends. She bit the corner of her lip gently, a trick he knew she did when she was nervous.

“Hey, Jenny! What's up?” His best friend, Colby, she thought, spoke up, enveloping her in a hug. She caught the glare his girlfriend sent her as she awkwardly hugged him back.

“Umm, I just wanted to bring you guys some tickets.” She fanned out the five pairs of tickets in her hand. One for each person sitting on the bench. “My show's tomorrow, at the Velvet Lounge. Should be good... I think.”

“Your music's great, Jen.” Another guy piped up, making her smile softly. “We'll be there. Right, V?”

“Sure... Wouldn't miss it.” V scowled at her, they all knew. Everyone but her.... Jenny's eyes slowly crossed everyone's. They boys nodded their agreement to come to the show, the girls scowled. She came to the last couple. The beautiful red head nodded enthusiastically.

“Sounds like fun. Sid's always blaring your music through out the house. You're pretty good.” She smiled sincerely as she placed her hand on his chest. He smiled up at Jenny sheepishly as if to say 'What do you want me to do? She's my girlfriend!'

“Thanks. It's nice to meet the people who enjoy my music.” She smiled half-heartedly. “I've gotta get going. The guys and I need to scope the space again. You know....” She sighed and ducked out of the room and back down the steps. She got halfway to the door before she heard her name being yelled.

“Jenny! Jen!” She turned to see him running towards her. “Jennifer....” He breathed her name as he reached her and pulled her into a dark corner before capturing her sweet lips with his. She finally pulled away placing her hand on his chest, over his heart.

“Stop, Sidney. She's mere feet away. Just stop. I'll see you tomorrow.” She smiled sadly as she ran out of the club, tears streaming down her face.

She ran the whole way to the Velvet Lounge where her band was waiting.

“Jenny, baby?” Garrett, her drummer, questioned as she stopped in front of him wiping her tears. “What's wrong, sweetheart?”

“Did he hurt you?” Brad, guitar, demanded, looking menacingly down the street, waiting for him to come running after her.

“No, I'm fine. Just stupid...” She sighed looking up at her guys. “Come on, guys, we have to get ready.”


The next night she stood to the side of the stage pacing nervously. This definitely wasn't her first show, but this one held a lot of importance to her. It was the second time he'd ever been to a show. First since they got together. First since she fell in love with him. She sighed deeply as she heard the MC start talking.

“Now folks, here she is... The new queen of Alternative rock! Jenny Steele!” The crowd went wild as she headed up on stage. Once up there she scanned the crowd and found them, all of them, sitting front and center. She smiled nervously stepping up to the mic.

“Hi guys, it's nice to see everyone here. It's great to know that someone out there likes what we're doing.” Her smile grew as people laughed and cheered. “So I hope you enjoy it, here we go!”

The set was awesome, people were into it, we were into it. But something felt off. The beautiful red head enjoyed her time. And Jenny already knew he'd enjoy it, he always did. The guys grooved along with the music, but the girlfriends sat stoically. Well they weren't her problem. Finally it came time for the last song, she turned and sat at the piano in the middle of the stage, adjusting the microphone.

“Normally, I'd go out the same way I came in, hard and fast, but tonight is different. See I've got this song, I have to get off my chest. It's about someone.” She stopped briefly and looked him right in the eyes. “Someone who made me fall, and hard, before I knew they weren't available. Here it is... Brand new, and just for you... Liar, Liar

“You said I was your everything,
You said I was the one,
You played me like a radio,
You use to love that I had no shame.

Pour my pain into words,
Hold my hand to the flame.

Tell me you love me like a star
Tell me you want me where ever you are,
Tell me you breathe me until your last breath.
Liar, Liar, oh, Liar, Liar.

Bit by bit I feel the draft,
Just sit back and watch it burn,
Hold your eyes upto my veins,
Call out, call my name

Tell me you love me like a star,
Tell me you want me where ever you are,
Tell me you breathe me until your last breath.
Liar, Liar, Oh, Liar, Liar,

Liar, Liar, Oh, Liar, Liar

Tell me you love me like a star,
Tell me you want me where ever you are,
Tell me you breathe me until your last breath.
Liar, Liar, Oh

Tell me you love me like a star,
Tell me you want me where ever you are,
Tell me you breathe me until your last breath.
Liar, Liar, Oh Liar, Liar.”
(performed by Alexz Johnson)

She sighed as the last line spilled out of her mouth. She looked up, her eyes quickly falling on his. He knew it was for him, eyes never lie. She quickly stood, causing the bench to scrap on the stage, so wrapped in her own emotions she couldn't hear the crowd cheering wildly for her.

Holding her breath to hold in the tears, she ran of the stage. Leaving the guys to finish up.

Finally in the small room backstage, she let her emotions and tears fall out of her like rain. She could feel someone enter the room, not looking up she addressed her band mates.

“Just go away guys... I need time...” A tear dripped morosely off of her chin.

“I can't stand to see you cry, Jen.” She jumped slightly, being caught off guard by his presence.

“Go away, Sid. Your girlfriend will be worried.” She sighed turning away from him. Shutting him out, or trying to. He stepped forward and turned her slowly by the shoulders.

“I don't care.” He whispered bringing his plush lips dangerously close to her own. “I don't love her. I love you. You're the only one who gets me. It's like I can't breathe with out you.”

“Then break up with her.” She whispered, almost giving into him. He sighed deeply pulling back slightly. “That's what I thought.” Her voice broke with her heart as she stepped back from him. “Liar, Liar....” She sighed and stepped around him, out of the club and into the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Intense..
    I love how she called him out at the end, that takes strength.
    Woo! for another great update. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that one! : )

    ReplyDelete